To address industrial trends and environmental needs, Advenira has developed a range of unique liquid-based nanoengineered SDN® coating materials: AdvenGuard™, ClearCorrUV® and ClearCorr®.
Corrosion continues to adversely affect the environment and the world’s largest industries as it slowly degrades the structural integrity of metal objects. It is vitally important to implement optimal corrosion control practices to maximize the survivability and useful lifetime of metal structures.
Today’s existing protection against corrosion creates environmental hazards, is costly or lacks the necessary capability to deal with the world’s demand. To mitigate the effects of corrosion there is a need to inspect, test and maintain corroded parts, objects and structures at regular intervals to verify that they still meet their original design specifications. Methods of protecting metals from corrosion include the use of specialty alloys and the application of protective barrier coatings, both of which are costly and call for a high turnaround of coatings.
Advenira's SDN® Coatings for industrial materials lessen the environmental impact through lower energy consumption and waste generation; they create major economic advantages through much better durability and increased longevity.
SDN® Coatings - zero VOC, HAPs-free, Heavy metal-free, Direct-to-Metal and 1K:
- SDN® provides a Multi Metal Process with all basic materials;
- Excellent Corrosion Protection: proven 20+ years protection just from single direct-to-metal thin layer;
- Superior Chemical and Solvent Resistance;
- Disruptive Abrasion Resistance, Pull of Adhesion (covalent bonding) and Hardness;
- Typical Coverage: 78 m²/kg @10μm / for 100% solid SDN® formulations;
- Extremely Fast and Energy Efficient Application: fully cured and ready to use in several minutes;
- Appearance: natural metal finishing look, scratch resistant, water repellent, anti-soiling.
SDN® coatings can be used in conjunction with conversion, galvanic coatings, primers or coating systems, when required, to provide superior corrosion protection.
Typical substrates: steel (CRS), aluminum, galvanized steel (EGS, HDG), Mg- and other alloys, stainless steel, concrete, plastics, and others.
Case studies, inserts:
- SDN® AdvenGuard™: outdoor application demo video
- SDN® AdvenGuard™: liquid nitrogen thermal cycling test demo video
- SDN® AdvenGuard™: Plastic Bumper demo video
- SDN® ClearCorrUV® insert
- SDN® ClearCorr® insert
- Aerospace - aircraft bodies, pneumatic actuators, moving shafts;
- Appliances - kitchen and bathroom appliances, furniture;
- Automotive - automotive bodies, mufflers, cylinders;
- Coil - aluminum, EGS, HDG pre-painted metal for construction, roofing;
- Consumer Goods - tub and pool piping, bathroom appliances, decorations;
- Electronics - PCB, stencils, connectors, LED;
- Marine - ships and boats, equipment;
- Oil and Gas - pipes, tubular and pipeline connectors, valves, actuators and other equipment subject to galling, erosion, corrosion or fouling;
- Water Purification - system parts and assemblies. An example of Advenira’s technology can be seen in parts used in water purification systems. These parts are exposed to a variety of solutions and typically start showing signs of corrosion within one to two weeks.
Advenira’s SDN® coating materials have been validated and accepted by multiple companies in various industries, including Automotive, Appliances, Aerospace, Coil, Construction, Display, Electronics, Glass, Marine, Medical Devices, Metal Finishing, Oil & Gas, Plastics, Power Generation, Water and many others.
The SDN® coatings are very low or zero VOC, HAPs-compliant and chrome-free formulations designed to comply with federal and local environmental mandates.
“Advenira® provides services including application of AdvenGuard™, ClearCorrUV®, and ClearCorr® coatings for corrosion protection, surface abrasion protection, and dielectric applications. Please contact us for inquiries and pricing.”